Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Council Bluffs Area Chamber of Commerce
Job Description: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Organization: Council Bluffs Area Chamber of Commerce and 712 Initiative Mid-sized+ (and growing), multi-faceted and poised for significant growth Chamber of Commerce is looking for a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to lead the next chapter in their organization.
Salary: $140K - $160K, attractive benefit package (and other perks), great culture/work environment and an opportunity to have/make a visible and significant impact! To apply or if you have questions, please contact Tom Christensen, President, C. H. Thomas Search, LLC at either email@example.com or (402) 885-7560.
General Function: The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the merged Council Bluffs Area Chamber of Commerce and 712 Initiative provides dynamic leadership, strategic direction and execution, and operational oversight to drive economic vitality, community and membership engagement, and social impact. This visionary role unites the missions of both organizations to foster business and membership growth, community development, and improved quality of life for those who live, work and play in Council Bluffs, Iowa.
1. Strategic Planning and Implementation: Lead the development and execution of strategic plans that align with the combined organizations mission and goals.
2. Membership Services, Economic Development, and Community Programs: Oversee membership activities, economic development initiatives, and community programs to ensure holistic growth and engagement.
3. Program Management and Public Spaces Activation, and Community Collaboration: Supervise the design, budgeting, goal setting and implementation of impactful programs, events, public space activation strategies, and community engagement initiatives.
4. Stakeholder Relationships, Collaboration, and Public Policy Advocacy: Forge strong relationships with partners, stakeholders, businesses, governmental agencies, and community organizations. Advocate for public policy issues at local, state, and federal levels, while representing the organization's interests.
5. Non-profit Governance, Board Engagement, and Financial Management: Ensure effective engagement of the Board and volunteer leaders, actively aligning with the organization's mission. Manage organizational finances, adhere to accepted accounting practices, and lead fundraising efforts for sustainable growth. Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, and reporting. Experience in fundraising, managing government grant compliance, and developing earned revenue programming. Experience in program development and evaluation
6. Public Relations, Communication, and Branding: Maintain a positive public image through marketing, communication, public speaking, and media relations strategies.
7. Leadership and Team Development: Develop, inspire, and lead a high-performing team, fostering collaboration, professional growth, diversity, succession planning and innovation.
8. Community Collaboration and Place-making: Utilize community engagement for place-making initiatives and improvements to the built environment. Passion for and interest in engaging partners to collaborate on projects.
9. Innovation and Impact: Continuously seek innovative approaches to drive organizational growth, economic development, and social impact.
Education: Preferred Master's degree; relevant experience considered in lieu of academic credentials.
Experience: Minimum of 10 years in executive management and leadership roles across private, public, or non-profit sectors with proven leadership and business development skills. Proven experience leading through organizational changes, mergers or similar collaborations, ensuring seamless integration and alignment.
Business and Non-profit Acumen: Possess deep understanding of business acumen, non-profit governance, and economic development strategies. Demonstrated ability to build and maintain partnerships, engage diverse stakeholders, drive community development and cultivate new funders.
Financial Management and Fundraising Expertise: Proven financial management skills, fundraising experience, and resource allocation proficiency.
Strategic Vision and Innovation: Exhibit strategic vision, innovative thinking, and the ability to drive change in a dynamic environment. Communication Skills: Exceptional written, oral and video communication skills for effective engagement with diverse audiences.
Ethical Standards: Uphold high standards of integrity, trustworthiness, and personal responsibility.
Community Passion: Possess a genuine passion for community development, member engagement, social impact, and economic growth in Council Bluffs, Iowa.